Benefits of Portugal Golden Visa
Published at: 11/09/2020 10:30 am
The Portuguese residency by investment program (ARI) continued to hit new records during the first half of 2020. Let's see those benefits of the Portugal Golden Visa, which attracted investors even during the quarantine!
- First of all, the Portuguese Golden Visa leads to citizenship after five years. Moreover, during these five years, the investor must be present only for a little bit more than a month (7 days/year) to become eligible for the naturalisation process. Don't forget that Portugal is an EU Member State in the Schengen Area.
- The scheme allows the spouse, children under 18 and adult depend and student children as well to become EU residents.
- There are several investment options under the Portuguese Golden Visa program:
- A capital transfer with a value of at least one million euros
- The creation of, at least, ten new job positions
- The purchase of a residential real estate property with a minimum of 500 thousand euros
- The purchase of a residential real estate, with construction dating back more than thirty years or in urban regeneration areas, for refurbishing, for a total value minimum of 350 thousand euros
- Capital transfer of at least 350 thousand EUR for investing in research activities by public or private, scientific research institutions
- A capital transfer of a minimum of 250 thousand euros for investing in artistic, public heritage or local projects.
- Capital transfer of at least 350 thousand EUR to purchase units of investment or venture capital funds or in funds dedicated to the capitalisation of Portuguese companies, capital injection under the Portuguese laws, whose maturity, at the moment of the investment, is, at least, of five years and, at least, 60% of the investments are realised in commercial companies with head office in national territory;
- Capital transfer of 350 thousand euros, or more, for registering a company with headquarters in Portugal, combined with the creation of five jobs, or for the reinforcement of the share capital of a company with headquarters in Portugal, already existing, the production or keeping of already existing positions, at least five permanent jobs, and a minimum period of three years. (Source)
There is one more added benefit of the Portuguese Golden Visa, the non-habitual tax regime (NHR), it allows almost perfect tax exemption on the income from foreign sources.
Do you want to become a resident, later citizen of Portugal?
Contact us for a free consultation or read here the detailed guide to the Portuguese Golden Visa Program!
« RETURN TO ALL NEWS