Published at: 07/02/2020 10:43 am
Citizens of Vanuatu, of course, do not have to pay their taxes in their home country which is a paradise island on the Pacific Ocean if they don't live there. Tax residency and citizenship are usually different issues. However it is always good to know about the state burdens of the country which issues your passport.
In Vanuatu, personal taxation is not a too difficult task for a simple taxpayer as there is no personal income tax.
Vanuatu has the following taxes related to the local tax residents:
- Import duties (at varying rates)
- The VAT has two rates 0% and 12,5% (the VAT system was modelled on New Zealand's GST regime)
- Tax on rental income is 12,5% in the half-year period on rental income over Vatu 200,000
- Stamp duty: on property transactions, share transfers, up to 1%, minimum Vatu 2,500
Acquisition of land:
- 2% of the unimproved capital value as a registration fee
- 5 % of the unimproved capital value as stamp duty
Employers and employees contribute 6% of the salaries to a superannuation scheme, usually the Vanuatu National Provident fund.
The necessary donation for the citizenship of Vanuatu is only USD 80,000 for the primary applicant. For a family of four members the donation is USD 130,000. The process to obtain the passports of Vanuatu is one of the fastest in the world, from the first contact two months may be enough to successfully finish the naturalisation process and receive the certificate of the citizenship.
Discus Holdings is one of the best agents of Vanuatu citizenship by investment program with a success rate of 100%. Click here for the details of the Vanuatu passport scheme and contact us to have your second passport in two months!