Schengen Visa with the Hungarian Residency Bonds

Published at: 06/03/2014 01:35 pm

Schengen Visa with the Hungarian Residency Bonds

Hungary is joined the Schengen Agreement in 2007 as a member state of the European Union.

The Schengen (visa) area  means that the member states don’t have border checks at their internal borders, only at the external borders of the whole area. There are now 26 countries which joined the Schengen Agreement, 22 member states of the European Union along with Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.

For the citizens of the other member states of the European Union the border check still exists but the citizens can travel in and out from the Schengen area without any important restrictions.

The Schengen member states set up a common visa policy. Citizens of several countries do not need visa for tourist or business visits up to 90 days in a half year period. But the citizens of all other countries need a so called “Schengen Visa” to travel to the Schengen zone or area. There are three type of the visas:

  • Type A: Airport transit visa (valid only for transit in the airport in a Schengen country)
  • Type B: Transit visa, valid for 5 days for travelling through the Schengen zone.
  • Type C: Business, visitors and tourist visa, the most common one. It is valid for 3 months (90days) in a half year (six months) and my grant multiple, double or single entries to the Schengen zone.
  Citizens of the following countries can enter into the Schengen Zone without Schengen visa: Europe: Albania, Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Monaco, Montenegro, San Marino, Serbia, Vatican City. North America: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Canada, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Saint Kitts and Nevis, United States. South America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay, Venezuela Oceania: Australia, New Zealand Asia: Brunei, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan Africa: Mauritius, Seychelles.

The holder of the Hungarian temporary or permanent residency permit can travel in the Schengen zone without limits or any restrictions. If someone participates in the Hungarian Residency Bond Program, he or she and his/her family can stay in any Schengen country because there is no minimum time what the holder of the the residency has to stay in Hungary.


Share this post

Twitter   Facebook   LinkedIn